Small Group Training (SGT) is quickly becoming one of the hottest trends. There are some very good reasons why SGT is becoming so popular. Here are 10 reasons why it is so appealing and the benefits that SGT can offer:
1. More personal attention – The trainer has more opportunity to provide hands on training, correction and direction, meaning better form and improved results for you.
2. More economical – Personal Training provides the most personal attention and greatest opportunity to succeed. Some people, however, may find that SGT fits into their budget better and still gives them the attention they need.
3. Variety – By working with a knowledgeable fitness professional, your workouts will change/evolve as you progress, preventing hitting a plateau, boredom and excuses.
4. Camaraderie – Let’s face it, workouts love company. Sharing the workout enhances the experience for participants.
5. Motivation – Having someone exercising right beside you can push you a little harder than you might do on your own.
6. Support – Both the Trainer and other participants are there to help you get through the challenges of the workout and the obstacles in life.
7. Greater focus – There’s no time to let your mind wander with a Trainer keeping tight programming and watching your every move.
8. Fun – Yes, fun. The right exercise program done with friends can definitely be fun and when it’s new programming, you never know what is up next on the agenda.
9. Adherence – Research shows that members involved in programs are more likely stick with it. With all of the previously listed benefits, how could you not want to keep coming back?
10. Results – When you stick with a well-constructed program, you will get the results and that is what we are all seeking.
So, Small Group Training may be your link between Group Exercise and One on One Personal Training in 2016. Give it a try. Miami Athletic Club has a few different Small Group Training options such as Women on Weights, Dangerous Curves and Pilates.